Device, repair and aftersales related information
- You may be required to provide your original proof of purchase and/or delivery note on the first occasion when you’re booking your device in for repairs. This will then serve as your implied warranty initiation date.
- In some cases your device might need to be returned to Sublife Holdings, so we recommend that you keep the original packaging in a good condition and safely stored.
iii. If your phone has a lock code or security code, please de-activate it before you book it in for repairs to avoid any unnecessary delays.
- The physical condition of your device is also taken into consideration before any warranty decisions are made for replacements or exchanges, especially within the first six months from the purchase date.
What is the warranty period on my device?
- The warranty on all devices is provided by the relevant device manufacturers. Therefore, the warranty period will depend on the manufacturers, usually between 12 and 24 months, and is subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions.
- The warranty applied on a device starts on the date of purchase, printed on the original invoice or delivery note.
iii. The repair model/process is outlined in this document and serves to inform you of how the 1 – 6 month and 7 – 12 or 7 – 24 month warranty periods may differ in terms of the repair process and possible outcomes.
- The 3 month warranty applies to repairs and starts when you receive a notification to collect your device and not from the point of actual collection. Make sure you provide accurate contact details so you can receive status updates and the notification to collect.
Please Note: Sublife Holdings Repairs will manage the warranty on behalf of the various manufacturers on Sublife Holdings sold devices only.
How is my warranty voided?
Your warranty will be voided if your device is damaged. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Physical damage and/or misuse or abuse, liquid damage, repairs and/or product modifications and alterations that have been executed by unauthorised third parties.
- Modifying the exterior of the device by gluing, pasting or sticking ‘decorative’ images on the device can void the warranty if such attachments impact the interior mechanics of the device. Such attachments can also influence the strength of your network connectivity on the device.
iii. The downloading of illegal software, alteration of the IMEI number on your device, whether it has been deleted, removed or made illegible, or if the internal data of your device doesn’t comply with the proof of purchase.
- Failing to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use, or if you use products or accessories that aren’t compatible with your device – such as generic accessories and other contaminated auxiliary devices.
- Because Sublife Holdings Repairs acts in accordance with the manufacturer warranty, you have to make sure that you comply with the warranty requirements as they are outlined in your device manual.None payment for 3(THREE) consecutive months will warrant the closure of the warranty.
OUT OF BOX FAILURE (OBF) VERIFICATION
Kindly note that you must return OBF devices to the original store where the device was purchased failing which, you return it to your closest Sublife Holdings store. The sales entity will submit such devices to Sublife Holdings Repairs as this is not facilitated directly between Sublife Holdings Repairs and the consumer but between the sales entity and the consumer.
Physical damage – all devices
There must be no physical damage on the product or its accessories, or any signs of neglect due to: physical abuse, liquid damage, screen scratches, dents or marks.
Please Note: Physical damage (including seemingly trivial surface scratches, marks, etc.) could result in an OBF claim being rejected. In the event that you experience a problem with your new device, you are encouraged to return it to the outlet as soon as possible to reduce the risk of an OBF rejection due to physical damage.
OBF terms and conditions:
- Items must be returned within 7 (seven) calendar days from the date of purchase that is printed on the official invoice (proof of purchase).
- The original invoice (proof of purchase) as received at the point of sale must be supplied.
iii. All devices must be assessed by a Sublife Holdings Repairs technician for any faults reported by the client before being exchanged. This assessment may take up to 7 (seven) calendar days. (Timeframe may be influenced by location, courier delays and/or public holidays).
- Devices that meet the OBF criteria but are faulty due to software issues (incorrect version of software) and that can be resolved by way of a software upgrade are not considered OBF at this stage in the OBF resolution process.
– A software upgrade will be performed free of charge in an attempt to resolve the fault.
– Should this software upgrade fail to resolve the fault, and the device renders faulty within 7 (seven) days of the software upgrade and/or still within a 14 (fourteen) calendar day period from date of purchase/delivery, the device will be approved as an OBF. The consumer should retain their proof of receipt of the device when the device is issued back to them after the software upgrade, as this is the date that will be applied in terms of the additional 7 (seven) day window.
– The maximum of 14 (fourteen) calendar days OBF rejection with a software version update is therefore calculated according to the time the device is in the consumer’s possession. Thus, providing a reasonable window to determine fault.
- All data cards must be assessed by a Sublife Holdings consultant/Sublife Holdings Repairs technician to confirm fault/s (a report may be requested) before an exchange can be made.
- Items that qualify as OBF will only be swapped for the same make and model.
vii. The original contents of the ‘box’, (device, original battery, original charger, original antenna, manual and any other accessories) must be complete and the packaging intact/in a good condition.
viii. The IMEI number on the box must match the IMEI number on the device.
- The physical condition of the device applies – as outlined above.
LAPTOPS, NOTEBOOKS & DESKTOPS
The Computer (laptop or desktop) is supplied with a pre-loaded Windows Operating System, but without any additional software. Please be advised that the Computer is not pre-loaded with anti-virus software and that it is your responsibility to ensure your computer is protected at all times.
The Computer (laptop, notebooks or desktop) is not covered by the Sublife Holdings Device Warranty Agreement. The warranty is provided by the manufacturer thereof.
Kindly refer to manufacturer information booklets that accompany the product.
Service & Warranty support on laptops & notebooks
Service & repair under warranty is free. Out of warranty repairs on Notebook & Tablets will be quoted for and will need to be paid for by the customer to the service provider / manufacturer.
Where to book-in a device for technical assessment and/or repair
Sublife Holdings’s distribution provides consumers with various options relating to where they can book a device in for technical assessment and/or repair. Simply contact us via email or via the call centre and we will book the collection at your cost or you can courier or drop of the item at our site in Randburg.
WHAT IS DEEMED AS A REPAIR?
- A repair process is when a physical repair is undertaken on a device where spare parts are replaced in order to rectify the fault reported whether it is a Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 repair.
Applicable to all repairs
- In order to protect your property, repairs will only be returned to you upon presentation of your signed job receipt.
- Devices must be collected by the individual whose details appear on the job card accompanied with their ID book or valid driver’s license. In the event that such is collected by another on behalf of the aforementioned individual, the recipient must present a letter completed by the individual whose details appear on the job card confirming the authorisation of such collection as well as present their ID book or driver’s license.
- Accessories (battery, charger, micro SD card, etc.) must not be booked-in with the device unless it is required during the repair process. Sublife Holdings Repairs will not be held responsible for any loss of SIM card, battery, charger or any other accessory booked-in unnecessarily. Please retain your SIM card and do not book this in with the device at any time. Please note that sim cards and memory cards may be cleared and destroyed if such accompany the device to Sublife Holdings Repairs
iii. The company shall be deemed authorised to replace parts and materials as necessary to complete the repair on warranty devices. However, any out of warranty devices (due to physical damage and/or lapse of warranty) a quotation will be generated. Devices not collected within 90 days of the 1st collection notification, become the property of the Sublife Holdings Repairs outlet that incurred the cost to repair. Such a device being owned by Sublife Holdings Repairs may be sold after this 90 day period to defray costs.
- All repairs undertaken, except for those in respect of corrosion and/or liquid damage, are guaranteed against faulty workmanship for a maximum period of 3 (three) months from the date that the consumer received notification to collect a device and not from the point of actual collection by the consumer.
- We urge you to secure your data by backing the data up frequently (contact numbers, photos, information of high importance and/or personal, sentimental value). Sublife Holdings recommends that such a back-up take place prior to booking your device in at Sublife Holdings or receiving any data support service.
- We urge you to take responsibility for your own content of high business importance or of a personal nature. Although every effort will be made to guard against loss of data, given the nature of often unknown, conflicting or corrupt software applications on devices, the possible loss of data cannot be guaranteed.
vii. Sublife Holdings Repairs can provide a back-up service and these services may be chargeable.
viii. Sublife Holdings Repairs shall under no circumstances whatsoever be held responsible for any damage, loss and/or expense arising out of or connected with the manufacturer product liability, faulty design and/or latent faulty workmanship or materials in the products and/or spare parts and for any consequential and/or unforeseen losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising.
- All warranty repairs undertaken by Sublife Holdings Repairs are covered under manufacturer warranty and as such no costs will be incurred by you for any in warranty repairs completed.
Out of warranty repairs
- The nature of technical devices (cellphones, etc.) is such that fault replication is required to ensure that the correct fault is remedied. Therefore, out of warranty repairs may incur a ‘labour cost’ for technical fault diagnosis (labour fee: level 0.1 or level 0.2) to a maximum value of R55 excluding VAT, in order to provide the consumer with an accurate estimate.
- A deposit fee may be required for Out of Warranty Repairs.
iii. All out of warranty repairs will be subject to a written quotation. You will receive a quotation/estimate within a period of 2 (two) to 5 (five) calendar days for the repair to continue out of warranty (dependent on where the device was booked in). You will have 10 (ten) calendar days to accept the quotation/estimate prior to any repairs being completed. If after this acceptance, additional faults are found that impact the original quotation/estimate, you will be contacted again to give a personal approval to proceed. Any time delays in receiving this approval from you will impact the overall turnaround time (TAT).
- Out of warranty repairs are considered COD (cash on delivery) and devices will therefore not be released until payment has been received. In some instances, a receipt of payment of the total repair cost quoted and accepted may be payable prior to completion of the repair.
- A liquid damaged device is no longer subject to the manufacturer’s warranty and therefore the repair is considered ‘out of warranty’. You will be presented with a repair quotation for which you will be liable should you accept the repair costs.
- A liquid repair attempt is not an industry standard but is offered as an additional service to consumers to try and assist with the repair of an otherwise un-usable device. This repair is therefore not guaranteed. The spares used are either original and genuine spare parts and/or other spare parts (generic parts) of a substantially similar quality and nature which are fit for purpose. No grey or counterfeit spare parts are used.
vii. After attempting to repair your liquid damaged device it may not perform in the same manner as before and it may not be returned in the same condition as before.
viii. Despite Sublife Holdings Repairs issuing you with a quotation, the liquid damaged device may be beyond economical repair (BER).
- Should Sublife Holdings Repairs be unable to repair your liquid damaged device, Sublife Holdings Repairs will not be responsible for replacing the device or for any loss, damage or cost suffered by you.
- Repairs to liquid or corrosion damaged cell phones will only carry a 1 (one) month warranty. However if the phone is returned within the one month warranty period and deemed not repairable by the technician, 50% of the original repair cost will be refunded.
More information pertaining to liquid damage
- Liquid damaged device/s shall mean products which are found to have any form of corrosion which may have been caused by liquid making contact with the PC board of the product/device. A device is declared as liquid damaged when traces of liquid residue or corrosion have been found on the board or on the device itself. A device may function for a couple of months after the liquid damage is caused, due to corrosion setting in over time, depending on the damage. The liquid seen can be minimal but the damages occur within the layered board or under a component of the device. The symptoms of the damage can also change as the liquid spreads through the board.
- Liquid damage can be caused by: Actual water (dropping in water, holding the device against damp hair or skin), condensation, hand cream, perfume, excessive temperature changes, steam (kitchen, bathroom), perspiration (after exercise, warm day), mist cooling systems at restaurants, and many more.
WHAT IS A SWAP/EXCHANGE/REPLACEMENT DEVICE IN THE SERVICE PROCESS?
- A swap process is where there is no repair capability and as such, no repair can be undertaken on a device. The device is then replaced and referred to as a ‘swap/exchange process’. The replacement device is supplied by the manufacturer.
- The replacement issued by the manufacturer is not a commercial sales pack but service stock which may be refurbished/reconditioned devices. In some instances only the main board is swapped and as such, in some instances the consumer will receive their original covers back.
iii. Although every effort is made to replace with the same make, model and colour, it may not always be possible and alternative options available at the time will be discussed with you prior to completion of the service process.
- Modems fall in line with an exchange repair process for in-warranty modems deemed to be faulty and will be exchanged at zero cost if all of the warranty criteria are met.
- Out of warranty modems are not exchangeable without costs being applied and it is advisable that you visit your closest Sublife Holdings Shop for a low cost new modem which will carry a new warranty period as of the purchase date.
How the technical outcome above impacts the warranty period
- If a repair is undertaken on the device, the warranty period continues as normal from where it is in the implied warranty period.
- If an exchange and/or replacement (not a sealed commercial pack) is issued as means of the approved repair activity, the warranty period continues as normal from where it is in the implied warranty period.
iii. If a final repair or exchange is undertaken and it is not successful, the next repair process may be the issuing of a new sealed commercial unit. In these instances, the warranty period continues as normal from where it is in the implied warranty period.
- There are instances where a new sealed commercial unit is issued where such decisions are taken independently of the repair process and in these instances, a new, full warranty period applies on the new device (as per the manufacturer implied warranty period offered). In these instances, the documentation which validates the date of receipt (proof of purchase or delivery note or job card) containing the details of a new device, should be issued to Sublife Holdings Repairs on the first time repair to ensure that this date is applied as the new implied warranty date offering the full warranty period (12 or 24 month).
Consumer expected outcomes
- A differentiation in the repair process is made between month 1 – 6 and month 7 – 12/7 – 24. Despite the applicable month, our consumer experience remains the primary focus. Even after month 6, Sublife Holdings Repairs will endeavour to provide a working device and/or alternative solutions as soon as possible.
- An authorised repair entity will determine a repair outcome and communicate this finding in the form of an ‘out-fault’ as assessed by the authorised technician. It is possible that a fault communicated by you cannot be replicated/determined or lacks some detail and is therefore officially closed as a ‘no fault found’ (NFF) or a ‘return not repaired’ (RNR).
iii. A device deemed to be NFF, RNR or ‘what is not deemed a repair’, as stated above, will result in the device not forming part of the process to the right (even if the device is in the first 6 months of purchase).
- If the warranty is void, the processes upper right do not apply and Sublife Holdings Repairs will attempt chargeable out of warranty repairs to assist you.
TURNAROUND TIME (TAT) OFFERING
Refer to the sections above ‘where to book-in a device for technical assessment and/or repair’ and ‘repair and exchange service models’ to understand this section.
What is TAT?
- TAT refers to the duration it would take for a device booked in for repair to complete the repair process, subject to the solution requirements as provided by the manufacturer directly or * as stated to the right. TAT is measured from when you book in the device and receive a job receipt to the point where you receive notification that the device is ready for collection. It should be noted that Sublife Holdings Repairs, within its control, endeavours to meet the fastest possible TAT for all consumers. Kindly note that a TAT is a forecasted timeframe which cannot always be guaranteed due to the reliance on *transport services, *spares, *general stock availability, other *third parties and in some instances the *location and/or route the device has to travel.
What is the TAT for the different repair levels and types?
- Should a device be booked in at a Sublife Holdings Repairs Collection Point (SLH) or Sublife Holdings Pick up Point (PUP), the worst case scenario TAT for the repair is 21 calendar days. The device is transported to the nearest Sublife Holdings Repairs outlet (SLH) for fault diagnosis and then follows the repair process (depending on the nature of the fault and the manufacturer model).
- Should a repair be booked in and repaired at a Sublife Holdings Repairs outlet (SLH) the TAT for the repair is 5 calendar days for level 1 and 2 repairs. If the Sublife Holdings Repairs outlet (SLH) is unable to perform repairs at the level required, the device will be sent to the Sublife Holdings Repairs Advanced Centre (ARC) where a Level 3 or Manufacturer repair will be completed.
iii. The TAT on a device which has been sent to the Sublife Holdings Repairs Advanced Centre (ARC) will be 16 calendar days. Therefore, a worst case scenario for in-warranty repairs is 21 calendar days in total, if no uncontrollable issues are experienced in the process.
- Out of warranty (OOW) repairs can be completed in the 21 calendar day period but due to the 10 calendar day quotation/estimate acceptance/rejection timeframe offered to the consumer, TAT will be impacted proportionally.
While your device is in for repairs, Sublife Holdings Repairs can offer you a loan device.
- Loan devices are subject to stock availability within the store you have opted to book your device into.
- Loan devices provide for voice and data continuity which may be of the same operating system, however, may differ in terms of capability and functionality to that of your device.
iii. The loan device and its accessories remain the property of Sublife Holdings and are given to you to use while your device is being repaired at the rental cost of R599 pm with R2500 deposit. The issuing outlet reserves the right therefore to request a refundable deposit which may not exceed the value of the device as determined in accordance with Sublife Holdings’s official price list.
- It remains the consumer’s responsibility to return the loan device and its accessories in proper working condition.
- In the event of damage to the loan device and/or its accessories, you will be liable for the replacement cost of the loan device and/or its accessories or the deposit paid will not be reimbursed.
- In the event of loss or theft of the loan device and/or its accessories you will be liable for the replacement cost of the loan device and/or its accessories or you may replace the lost/stolen device and/or its accessories with a new one of the same or similar make and model, or the same replacement value.
vii. Any device replaced by you, the consumer, must be able to operate on the Sublife Holdings network.
viii. Your repaired phone will not be returned until the loan device and its accessories have been returned, repaired or replaced.
- When a software upgrade is performed this is loaded on the device as per the latest version made available by the relevant manufacturers and/or as approved for the Sublife Holdings network. If you have a device that is under warranty, it will be upgraded to the latest software version at no cost, only once. Should you have further requests to have the same software version uploaded on the device these software upgrades will be subject to costs being applied
Each Sublife Holdings consultant and/or Sublife Holdings Repairs technician will make every effort to secure your data, but it may not always be possible. As the consumer, you need to take note of the following important data related information:
- We urge you to take responsibility for your own content of high business importance or of a personal nature. Although every effort will be made to guard against loss of data, given the nature of often unknown, conflicting or corrupt software applications on devices, saving the data cannot be guaranteed.
- Data stored on your device may be backed up, in accordance with the permission issued by you and further more within Sublife Holdings’s IT security policies and procedures that may prevent foreign/unknown back up devices being used in this process. This includes USB memory sticks or mass storage devices that can result in potential virus contamination.
iii. Although all modems support software/firmware upgrades, the upload may fail and corrupt the device. Although every effort will be made to guard against loss of data and/or other failures, given the nature of often unknown, conflicting or corrupt software applications on devices the possible loss of data cannot be guaranteed.
- In the event that you use contaminated auxiliary devices, you are at risk of infecting your computer. Sublife Holdings will not replace your computer (laptop or desktop) or refund costs suffered by you.
- Consumers that load their own data onto a device must take responsibility for such data. Whilst Sublife Holdings Repairs goes about providing a working unit, often consumers re-load old corrupted data back onto the device and such corrupted data creates a similar fault as before the corrective technical action.
- Should software complications (including the Operating System) be confirmed during the assessment, the Sublife Holdings consultant will recommend the best course of action to be taken.
vii. Newly purchased computers (laptop or desktop) are supplied with a pre-loaded Windows Operating System, but without any additional software. Please be advised that the Computer is not pre-loaded with anti-virus software and that it is your responsibility to ensure your computer is protected at all times.
viii. The Computer (laptop or desktop) is not covered by the Sublife Holdings Device Warranty Agreement. The warranty is provided by the manufacturer thereof. Kindly refer to manufacturer information booklets that accompany the product.